There are three components of an Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Team. There are one or more horses, an Equine Specialist, and a mental health professional.
- Gala Hobbs is an Equine Specialist and is an accomplished horsewoman with over 45 years of experience in training, enjoying, and loving horses.
- Sharon Beam, M Ed, LPC-S is a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor with over 20 years of success in treating clients of all ages with problems that have fear and low self-esteem at their roots.
- Gala has created a safe, inviting, and comfortable space for clients to work through whatever brings them to Horse Heaven US. Her horses are gentle and loving sources of strength and healing. These beautifully intuitive creatures have hearts and spirits that invite clients to let go of their troubles so that they can live full, abundant lives.
Together this team facilitates healing and wholeness for those struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, relationship issues, parenting issues, stress, grief, problems with confidence, trauma including physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, and domestic violence.
Shining a light on the positives that are part of every problem is what makes our team special. Sharon saw this highly abundant quality in Gala, the inherent value it has, and asked to team with her to enjoy providing the highest quality Equine Assisted Psychotherapy possible.
We are a Christian team and we believe in teaching grace as a healing tool. We welcome those from every spiritual path to work toward healing with our team of professionals and horses. We seek to help you find the abundant life you want to live, including seeing the gifts in what seem to be only problems and working to find solutions in your therapy sessions.
Gala is trained and experienced in both the EAGALA and Natural Lifemanship models and Sharon is trained in Natural Lifemanship with experience in both models.
Our focus is on you, not horses or models or problems.
We allow our clients the freedom to
- explore in a safe and supportive environment whatever may be holding them back from the lives that they want
- heal and to grow into their best selves
- discover solutions already inside themselves.
It is with great pleasure that we assist hurting people in leaving their pain behind and in watching them grow into who they want to be.